Friday 11 August 2017

The new term has started. It was so good to see my classmates again looking all good.  I am looking forward to information literacy, it sounds exciting and I hope I will enjoy it. It was good to hear about the changes in the library, changes that makes it more inclusive and flexible compared to the past. Literacy is always exciting and I love the fact that it encourages lifelong learning.
I also love the fact that things change now and again and people need to learn all the time. Even though technology is taking over the traditional ways, I cannot imagine a library without books. In South Africa we are faced with lower levels literacy and if we do away with books, I do not see people reading even the e-books. I believe that exposure to books encourages people to read and it's a reminder that library is a place for learning. As future librarian I believe that Information literacy is required for us to have and be able to pass it on to others and be life long learners. I am glad that it also encourages critical thinking.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your reflection Nomtha. Try to also discuss your interpretation of the various ways in which students learn.....

    ReplyDelete